Circa Enterprises Inc. is an innovative global manufacturer and supplier of telecommunications and electrical products. We are a publicly traded company listed on the TSX Venture and headquartered in Calgary.
Our operations consist of two business lines, the first being telecommunications (“Telecom”) which comprises surge protection products, ruggedized high performance telephone systems and computer cable and connectivity products. The second segment (“Metals”) located in Ontario and includes fabricated enclosures, pole line hardware and other metal products.
We are looking for an experienced Software Developer to join our Calgary team for a 9 month term. This role will work closely with a group of engineering professionals in a challenging and versatile environment. The role will be responsible for the development of software systems to support or monitor current products. The successful candidate for the role will enjoy a positive and stimulating work environment, professional and highly skilled team, large office space, amenities close by, casual office attire and a flexible working schedule.
Reports To: The Software Developer will report to the Director of Engineering
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop software systems to support or monitor current products as designing, developing, and installing software solutions
- Develop software solutions based on specific corporate needs.
- Make recommendations on software feasibility through analysis, problem definition, product requirements and customer specifications
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering OR Equivalent/Relevant experience.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and adapt to changing priorities in development cycle
- Ability to manage time effectively and be resourceful in dynamic environment
- Demonstrate innovative, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Refer to Experience table as follows…
- Saas, Git, Unit Testing, Agile Methodology, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
- Node.js, NoSQL Databases, Visual Studio, .NET, C#, Entity Framework, Microsoft Azure, Azure Resource Manager
Thank you for your interest in employment with Circa. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider applicants for all positions based on the most qualified and suitable candidate to ensure the success of our business.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.
Contract length: 9 months
Application deadline: 2021-03-10
Expected start date: 2021-03-15
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19